DIT2019: the Xl TiberTour
Daily stages will follow the flow of the Tiber – leading cyclists to meet the canoeists sometimes – along its banks or through the Umbrian countryside, which in spring gives the best of itself. There will be soft paths, mostly flat, with an eye for families, to be faced with calm and serenity. But in order to benefit the maximum fun from the trips, it is good to follow some rules.
- The route can be tackled with a hybrid bike, a mountain bike, a cyclocross bike, but not with a racing bike;
- Make sure your bike is in perfect condition. If you are not able to do it yourself, have it checked by a mechanic; breaking the chain at 15 km from the point of arrival must be a fortuitous event and not the consequence of lack of lubrication;
- Each participant must carry the necessary kit to remedy a possible puncture. Be careful not to wear a wrong size tube! The measures are now many: take into account the wheel diameter and the type of valve. We recommend having at least two air chambers with you (from Decathlon they are cheap);
- Suitable clothing is essential:
- technical padded shorts, at least two pairs, so as not to risk bacterial infections caused by perspiration;
- rain jacket;
- high visibility vest;
- a small close-fitting backpack;
- a water bottle;
- and of course the helmet!
- If you suffer from allergies of any kind, inform your guide and take the appropriate antihistamine.